Linking against FLTK/OpenGL

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Linking against FLTK/OpenGL
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:19:07 -0400

Hi,

While investigating a link error under MSVC, I noticed that __init_fltk__.cc is not linked against OpenGL libraries directly, though it makes direct calls to OpenGL. I guess we assume that "fltk-config --libs --use-gl" will pull in OpenGL libraries so we don't have to include them explicitly on the command line, but isn't that mis-using fltk-config? Considering that we make direct OpenGL calls, isn't it good practice to link against the relevant libraries directly?

Michael.