Audiorecorder/Player segfault

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: Audiorecorder/Player segfault
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:13:49 +0200

Vytautas,

Following the last post on your blog [1], I tested audiorecorder on mac (octave 3.6.3, portaudio 2.19, both from fink) using the following call:

recorder = audiorecorder (44100, 16, 2);
record (recorder, 10);  # Here I checked no body could hear me singing in front of my computer for 15 s
player = audioplayer (recorder);
play (player)

I could hear my voice singing for 10 seconds before octave crash and return :

octave:6> panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
error: octave_base_value::save_binary(): wrong type argument `audioplayer'
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault: 11

With "playblocking" instead of  "play", It works once, but if I try twice I obtain:

octave:4> playblocking (player)
octave:5> playblocking (player)
error: audioplayer: Error stoping audio playback stream
error: called from:
error:   /Users/pdiribarne/dev/octave-sound/@audioplayer/playblocking.m at line 14, column 3
octave:5>

Didn't try with a less scary voice than mine, maybe it could help.

Pantxo

[1] http://gsoc2013octaveaudio.blogspot.fr/