Re: Basic classdef functionality

From: Philipp Kutin
Subject: Re: Basic classdef functionality
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:38:52 +0200

Hi Richard,

> On 25/07/2013 12:06, Philipp Kutin wrote:
>
>>   When I
>> tried a week ago from a fresh clone, compilation gave me errors in the
>> Bison parser, if I recall correctly.
Oops, false alarm. I forgot to install bison, assuming "apt-get
build-dep octave" would do it. Shame on me.

> Perhaps you mean something like this:
>
> https://www.mathworks.co.uk/matlabcentral/fileexchange/38964-example-matlab-class-wrapper-for-a-c++-class
>
> I have tried this out with the classdef branch and it works.
That looks pretty interesting, but I'm reluctant to use code from
MATLAB FEX for portable or Octave projects. See for example the
discussion here:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Terms-of-use-Mathworks-file-exchange-td4609678.html
.

If you obtained your copy from Oliver Woodford personally, could you
reupload it somewhere, maybe on Agora? (http://agora.octave.org)

-- Philipp

[NOTE: I initially replied to Richard only. Sorry for the double post!]