Re: is buttondownfnc working for anyone?

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: is buttondownfnc working for anyone?
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:19:34 -0500

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jul 27, 2013, at 12:52 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On MacOSX, the buttondownfcn isn't working for me.  I'll open a bug report, but thought I'd check to see if this is a MacOSX problem is for all OSes.
>>
>> After the commands below, does a mouse click on the new axes produce any effect?
>>
>>         graphics_toolkit fltk
>>         close all
>>         buttondownfcn = @(obj, event) disp (obj);
>>         set (gca (), "buttondownfcn", buttondownfcn)
>>
>> Ben
>
> Not for me, but I do not even understand what "mouse click on the new axes" even supposedd to be.
> The mouse pointer is a crosshairs and it does not change anywhere in the fltk window.
> How close to the actual line I should click?
> In any case I do not see any difference had i  done instead
>
> graphics_toolkit fltk
> axes
>
> Dmitri.

For Matlab clicking in the space between ticklabels is sufficient.  However, if the mouse zoom is active then the "buttondownfcn" doesn't work there either.

Zoom apparently is active (I can do zoom with either right-click and drag or with a scroll-wheel)

Perhaps the problem is that there no way to disable to toolbar?

Ben

Dmitri.