Re: News section on Octave.org

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: News section on Octave.org
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:37:00 +0100

On 28 July 2013 22:50, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> ... does anyone read it? Should we keep maintaning it? Could we have
> an alternative?

You mean the news section at the bottom of the main page? At least I
don't and I don't think many people would be checking on a static page
to get news about Octave. They'd be more likely to follow the mailing
list.

Aside new releases we don't have many news (by the way, there's no
mention of this year GSoC and SOCIS in there). Why not set a separate
feed for releases and short news add it to planet Octave?

On a similar note, the banner for OctConf 2013 is still up on the
site. Shouldn't it be removed?

Carnë