Re: clean up commit messages?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: clean up commit messages?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:15:55 +0200

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:45:31AM +0200, c. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As usual when I have hg-related question I am CC-ing Jordi.
>
> I was having a look at the code written by Kai for his GSoC Project
> and the first thing I noted is that his commit messages don't comply
> with the guidelines:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Commit_message_guidelines
>
> So I was wondering, is there a way to clean up those messages
> before merging his code in the main repo?
>
> c.

There is e.g. a way using the mq extension. IIRR (untested, and
assumes you have no other patches under mq control):

# place the patch under mq control
hg qimport -r <revision_with_the_patch>

# next lets you edit the commit message
hg qrefresh -e

# release the patch (all patches) from mq control
hg qfinish -a

Olaf