Giving all OF members ability to manipulate bugs in Savannah

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Giving all OF members ability to manipulate bugs in Savannah
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:35:44 -0400

I'd like to give everyone who is actively maintaining an OF package
the ability to manipulate bugs in Savannah. jwe's argument against it
is that we can't enforce permission boundaries and let them manipulate
bugs but not push to the hg repo. To this I counter two things: should
someone actually start pushing to core things that we don't like,
well, (1) it's easy to undo and take away that access and (2) why
would we trust someone to manipulate bugs but not our code?

It might be "nice" to actually patch Savannah so that it can enforce
fine-tuned permissions, but really, locks are kind of anti-GNU to
begin with, and we should all just behave like a doorless and lockless
hippie commune. :-)

- Jordi G. H.