midterm

From: c.
Subject: midterm
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:48:27 +0200

Marco,

Thank you very much for your new post with the status update:
http://gedeone-gsoc.blogspot.it/2013/07/update-12.html

I particularly like your list of application examples to
show integration of FEniCs with other Octave tools:

• Add more examples, and in particular use together the features offered by
FEniCS with the great tools available inside Octave. I would like to do some of
the following:
 • Study of the generalized eigenvectors for the Stokes probem using the eig ()
command
 • Show how existing functions in the fpl pkg can be used to export or
visualize computation results
 • Show how ODE solvers in Octave can be used in conjunction with dolfin to
solve evolutionary problems
 • Study a more complex problem which involves different discrete  spaces like
the Darcy-Stokes equation

As a suggestion, I think solving a maxwell eigenvalue problem would be of more
general interest than the Stokes eigenvalue proble.
I'd also suggest trying to solve a non linear reaction diffusion problem using
fsolve.

c.