Re: FLTK plotting speed irregularities

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: FLTK plotting speed irregularities
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 20:10:01 -0500

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
8/5/13

All,

I just checked in changes that speed up the comet, comet3 animations by
400%.  But, I'm seeing something odd.  If I run the test code below it
takes 3.8 seconds.

Sample code:

clf;
t = 0:pi/20:5*pi;
x = cos(t);
y = sin(t);
z = t;
tic; comet3 (x,y,z,0); toc

Now, if I click on the plot window with the mouse, click back on the
terminal window to regain focus on the CLI, and re-run the comet command it
takes just 2.2 seconds (-42%).  What's going on here?

I've tried re-running the comet3 command multiple times in a row and it
always gives the longer time *until* I click on the plot figure.

I can reproduce this. It looks to me that clf() is responcible somehow.
If you skip clf at the beginning than it is 2 sec right away.
Also if you do clf() again after clicking it would reset time to 3 sec.

Cheers,
Rik

Dmitri.