Re: Question of JITC

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: Question of JITC
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 00:45:05 -0700

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM, lyh.kernel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Max,
>
> I want to look into the source code of type inference. I noticed that you
> have mentioned three papers about type inference in your blog. Would you mind
> to tell me which paper should I take a took? And which part of source should
> I traced?
>
> Thanks a lot

The approach to type inference was inspired by the Falcon MATLAB
compiler [1]. Practically, implementation ended up being similar to
the Sparse Conditional Constant Propagation algorithm (SCCP)[2]. The
Conditional part of SCCP is currently limited to proving error checks
are unnecessary, however.

[1]  L. D. Rose and D. Padua. Techniques for the Translation of MATLAB
Programs into Fortran 90. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages
and Systems, 21(2):286–323, Mar. 1999.
[1] http://www.cs.rice.edu/~keith/512/2011/Lectures/L19-SCCP-1up.pdf

--
Max Brister