Re: Compatibility considerations of "clear"

From: Philipp Kutin
Subject: Re: Compatibility considerations of "clear"
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:58:19 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2013, at 2:16 PM, Philipp Kutin wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> -----------
>>> If X is global, clear X removes X from the current workspace, but
>>> leaves it accessible to any functions declaring it global.
>>> (...)
>>> -----------
>>
>> Heh, that sentence is thoroughly confusing.
>
> Ok. Since that is a cut-n-paste from Matlab, please direct your complaints to
> Mathworks.

Yes, of course, it's MATLAB being sloppy at writing documentation
here. This is my point -- there's much value in certain concepts to be
exponded in extreme detail, to the point of being painful to read.
Because well... this is the only way robustness can be achieved. I
mean, nobody would want to go back to the stone age of when, say, C
had not yet been standardized, right?

--Philipp