dataset objects?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: dataset objects?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:41:18 -0400

I just had someone ask me about dataset objects in Matlab. I didn't
know about them at all. They seem to be very similar to R's dataframes
and to our own implementation of dataframes.

At a glance, they don't seem that difficult to implement, but they do
seem to be a newish Matlab type (at least from 2009). Should we wait
for classdef to implement them, or shall we do them with old-style
classes, or should we bake them in as a new octave_value?

- Jordi G. H.