Re: extra head

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: extra head
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:42:44 -0400

On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 16 August 2013 10:12, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have a shell script I used to (1) import, (2) push, (3) rollback, and (4)
>> pull changesets.  The pertinent part is below.
>
> Hm, I don't understand how you managed to create an extra head this
> way, since "hg push" would have refused to push this way. Someone else
> must have done "hg push --force".
>
> I think there are better ways to work than what your script does, but
> it may involve understanding more hg commands. I don't know if you
> have the time or motivation for it. At any rate, there is nothing that
> needs to be fixed immediately, and the minor situation of an extra
> head on default is very easy to deal with.
>
> I'll be curating this wiki page and let you and everyone else know
> when it seems to be in good shape:
>
>    http://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I realize my approach isn't advisable for most developers.  I choose a "canned"
approach to working with mercurial to compensate for my absent mindedness and
less than ideal understanding for mercurial.

I any event, I see Rik has merged the branches.  I'll assume my approach is
working and with it.  However, as a precaution, I'll include an "hg view"
before pushing.

Ben