dev (gui) build does not start on kubuntu 13.04

From: Kirill Fuior
Subject: dev (gui) build does not start on kubuntu 13.04
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:54:11 +0300

Hi all,

I'm trying to build and run octave from dev sources (according to etc/HACKING and wiki instructions), but I face a problem -- after successful build it simply does not start.

My actions step-by-step:
* install build-dep octave and bison (it isn't included)
* clone hg repository
* bootstrap, configure (without custom options) and make.
make is passed without errors (with only some compile warnings)
* then I try ./run-octave or .build/src/octave script and it simply does nothing, without any output.
Only once it showed me wizard "It seems you are running octave gui first time..." with only 1 active button "finish". When I click it, wizard has been closed and again -- nothing else happen.

But src/octave-cli runs octave in terminal.
Also, if I install latest (3.6.4) octave from the repository, it works.

So it seems problem is in gui.

I use Kubuntu 13.04 with latest recommended updates (kde 4.10.5, Qt 4.8.4).

Note:
It worked few month ago, on Kubuntu 12.10.

I haven't found this issue neither in the known issues list, nor on bug tracker.
I haven't report this as a bug yet, because it may be that I'm doing something wrong (?).

I really don't know what to do.
Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Kirill Fuior.