RE: Expression.cc

From: marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: Expression.cc
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:12:28 +0200

> Hi Marco,
>
> Don't be surprised I'm sending you so many complaints today,
> it's just because the end of the project is getting closer
> that I am finally reviewing in more detail your code and I find all the rough spots.

No problem, Thanks for your help!

> So here is yet one more,
> in _expression_.cc you have:
>
> octave_value_list b (3, 1);
> octave_value_list tmp = feval (fh->function_value (), b);
>
> this is dangerous as the point with all coordinates equal
> to 1 does not necessarily belong to the domain, and the function handle
> passed on input could make no sense or even fail if evaluated outside
> the intended domain.

I know that it is quite stupid but even if I get Nan as result I don' really care because I
only need to know the "size" of the function_handle.
I mean:

@(x, y) 1 -> I want to get 1
@(x,y) [1, 1] -> I need to get 2
and so on..

I don't know if I can do it in a better way.

For example

  octave:4> a = _expression_ ('f', @(x,y) 1/(x-1))
  Creating _expression_...
  warning: division by zero
  a =

  Coefficient f : <DOLFIN object u (a function)>

Marco