Re: Odeset - Odeget

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Odeset - Odeget
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 02:25:03 +0100

n 16 September 2013 10:11, Roberto Porcù <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11 September 2013 10:14, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>Hi Roberto
>
>>no, you don't have commit access. What I meant was that since we are
>>moving to mercurial, and the odepkg has been moved to mercurial, there
>>is no longer need to give commit access. This is similar to happens
>>with the other students (with the exception of Marco Vassalo since
>>he's also working in some packages that are still in SVN only).
>
>>The idea is that package maintainers get commit access to the
>>repository since contributors can now ask for pull requests. So what
>>would happen is you make your commits locally, push to some repo
>>anywhere (Jordi will host one for you if you want, otherwise you could
>>use something such as bitbucket) and ask your mentor to pull your
>>changes. He would then comment on your changes and pull them as he
>>sees fit.
>
>>Carnë
>
> Ok Carnë,
> i'm sorry for the delay but from now i'm full operative.
> I created a repository on bitbucket. Here is the url:
> https://bitbucket.org/robs88/octave-odepkg/overview
> and this is the https link:
> https://address@hidden/robs88/octave-odepkg
> Does my repository work fine?

Yes, it's working fine for me. I can pull from it no problem. The idea
now is that you mentor would have something similar in their hgrc file
for the odepkg repository:

[paths]
default = http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/odepkg
roberto = https://bitbucket.org/robs88/octave-odepkg

After this, they can do "hg pull roberto" to fetch your changes,
review them, and push to the octave forge repositories them as they
see fit.

Carnë