Re: fem-fenics

From: c.
Subject: Re: fem-fenics
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:00:31 +0200

On 18 Sep 2013, at 13:19, marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: address@hidden
> > Subject: fem-fenics
> > Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:33:35 +0200
> > To: address@hidden
> > CC: address@hidden
> >
> > Hi Marco,
> >
> > The "pencils down" deadline for GSoC has expired.
> > What is the status with the release of the fem-fenics package?
> > Did you manage to make all fixes requested by Carnë?
> >

> Hi,
>   as you and Carne suggest, I'm now building directly the polymorphic
> functions in the @mesh and the
> @function folder.
>
>   I've added the femfenics_examples() as in the odepkg  (is it working
> correctly also for you?)
>
>   I've fixed the other problems (copyright, email, hidden-file, dolfin as
> system and build requirements
> ...)
>
>   I'm writing the wiki
>
> I don't know if there is something else that needs to be fixed before the
> first release is done (obviously things can be improved)
>
> I've also told Carne that if he is busy with the end of its own GSOC and
> there are a lot of things that still need to be fixed in the pkg we can work
> on it when he is available.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marco

In the "pencils down" period you are not suposed to be doing any more
improvements to the code,
so I think at this point what needs to be done is to build the package and
release it so it can be evaluated,
while you focus more on writing documentation.

You are of course free to work on further improvements at a later time after
GSoC.

I forgot Carnë is also a student, so if he is to busy with the package release
right now I can take care of it this time.

c.