Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X

From: Benjamin Abbott
Subject: Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:52:59 -0400

On Sep 21, 2013, at 3:33 PM, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sep 21, 2013, at 3:21 AM, Anirudha Bose wrote:

>> Can you attempt to try to apply install_name_tool manually and then check the result with otool?
>
> This will be a very long process. I can try it though. Or better if I can find some tools to automate this job. For future use should I include your scripts in my MXE repo, so that others can try reusing your scripts?

If you think my scripts are the correct approach, then go ahead and commit them. However, maybe before committing my scripts to your repo, maybe its a good idea to first determine the reason my scripts aren't working for you with the MXE approach?

The good thing about mxe-octave is that it has grown very diverse and capable of doing many things. I am not familiar with m-scripting so I will have trouble debugging your scripts. But maybe someone else can reuse your scripts to make them work with MXE. I have come up with a temporary solution in Python and I have been able to produce a working application bundle of Octave for Mac OS X. I have committed all the scripts to my repo since it will be handy to have them all at one place.

I'll pulled a copy of you repo.  I haven't used mxe before.  What commands are needed to produce a MacOSX app?

Ben