Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X

From: c.
Subject: Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:44:18 +0200

On 22 Sep 2013, at 22:21, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:

> I basically used Macports to get gfortran in Mac OS X, and some deps like
> GhostScript. I was wondering if it is possible to specify a "--prefix" during
> Macports installation of a package. If yes, then we can include it in our
> MXE. This will eliminate the need for the presence of Macports gfortran in
> the target system in order to run Octave.

Anirudha,

I am a bit confused here, is MacPorts required during the build process or is
it required to run the Octave binary as well?
If MacPorts is required, why not just do:

sudo port mdmg octave

from macports? this will produce a binary distribution of Octave and its
dependencies on a disk image.

Sorry if the question sounds stupid, as I said I'm just getting started trying
to understand your binary packaging approach.

c.