Re: Release Plans

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:55:08 -0400

On 09/26/2013 02:38 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I'm not sure it makes sense to disable the GUI by default and then tell people that they should enable it and tell us what they think. People will just want to use it by default anyway. I expect that people who package Octave will just enable it by default anyway, since that is what the users seem to want.
John,

I just noticed: did you mean disable at compile-time or not make it default
at octave startup? It certainly should be available, and I am OK with it being
the default at startup if others like that.

Michael