Corruption of symbol table after timestamp update in private/ dir

From: Rik
Subject: Corruption of symbol table after timestamp update in private/ dir
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:19:46 -0700

9/26/13

All,

I might also nominate this bug that I just filed
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?40117) for the 3.8.0 release list.

Briefly, if the timestamp of an m-file in a private directory is modified
while you are in an Octave session then the symbol table gets corrupted and
needs to be cleaned out with 'clear -f'.

This might only be annoying to me, as I have been spending a lot of time
improving the plot routines and many of these reside in the plot/private/
directory.

--Rik