Re: Another FLTK/gnuplot divergence

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Another FLTK/gnuplot divergence
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:26:40 +0200

* Mike Miller <address@hidden> [2013-09-27 11:57]:

Yes, the build *must* be able to complete and produce valid documentation without any display, without even an X server running, to work in automated or minimal build environments for example.

Not to mention I don't want to see things flashing on my display :)

On my Debian system with the xvfb package installed, I am able to run the following:

  $ Xvfb :5 -screen 0 800x600x24 &
  $ echo 'graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); plot (randn (10, 1)); print -dpdf
test.pdf' | DISPLAY=:5 octave -q

This will produce the file test.pdf without any window flashing on my screen, which is not the case with:

  $ echo 'graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); plot (randn (10, 1)); print -dpdf
test.pdf' | octave -q

Rafael