Re: Helping with the new GUI (Was: Trouble intalling Octave)

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: Helping with the new GUI (Was: Trouble intalling Octave)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:31:55 -0700 (PDT)

c.-2 wrote
> On 28 Sep 2013, at 23:00, Triple <

> csaunderspriem@

> > wrote:
>
>> Thankyou for enlightening me. I wasn't sure if I had installed Octave
>> correctly. I was expecting to see several windows, such as a command
>> window and another with command history, etc, like there is in MATLAB. I
>> know better now. I'm not very knowledgable with mathematical software!
>> Thankyou for the reply.
>
> have you read this:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#GUI
>
> ?
>
> The new GUI version will be out soon, if you want a preview you can
> dowload
> this version:
>
> http://mat.caminos.upm.es/octave/
>
> c.

Many thanks for making that available -- it looks neat!
The old shell prompt was not very welcoming...

How can I help with the GUI?

I'm not a C/C++ programmer but I can do .m files.
Also maybe the documentation?
I think I'll start with the FAQ, which is not out-of-date.
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#GUI <http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#GUI>

Thx,
-F.

Sent from Nabble.com