Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:56:06 -0400

On 10/04/2013 07:37 AM, Mike Miller wrote:

You can certainly try adding this directive to Octave's inputrc and see
if it helps, but don't do anything like trying to force a reload to
override user prefs.

I agree that it is almost always bad to override user preferences. However, in the case of pasting to the GUI, we should be able to temporarily turn off the blinking paren matching thing while performing the paste. I don't think that would be bad. I would not turn it off by default for other forms of input. For the cli version, I don't think we have any way of knowing whether the input is from a paste operation or interactive input. But for the GUI we do, and I can't imagine anyone caring that paren matching is disabled when the input comes from a paste operation.

If you are complaining about pastes generally being slow, then that is a readline bug. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to automatically and reliably test for that bug.