Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: 300 baud V.21 terminal emulation
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 10:01:59 -0400

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 09:56:06 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> I agree that it is almost always bad to override user preferences. However,
> in the case of pasting to the GUI, we should be able to temporarily turn off
> the blinking paren matching thing while performing the paste.  I don't think
> that would be bad.  I would not turn it off by default for other forms of
> input.  For the cli version, I don't think we have any way of knowing
> whether the input is from a paste operation or interactive input.  But for
> the GUI we do, and I can't imagine anyone caring that paren matching is
> disabled when the input comes from a paste operation.

Sounds good, that's fine if it is possible to detect when a paste is
being done and switch the setting back and forth silently without
having to use config files.

Is it possible in the GUI to detect both kinds of paste, i.e. ctrl-v
vs. old-fashioned middle mouse click, or did you mean only ctrl-v
since it's done through the Qt API?

--
mike