RE: Project progress

From: marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: Project progress
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 22:45:56 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: RE: Project progress
> Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 22:34:48 +0200
> CC: address@hidden
>
>> * I'm not quite sure statement [4] is correct (of course apart from the
>> double semicolon ...)
>> what is the idea behind the choice of setting the size to (nr * nz) / (i +
>> 1)?
>>

> Sorry I forgot to update it with the nnz.

Ops sorry another mistake.
Hopefully it should never be used because nnz should be an estimation from the
upper bound.

By the way, the idea was to imagine that the sparsity pattern of the matrix is
almost "constant"
with the lines and thus, if we have nz elements in the first i lines, I apply
some proportion like
(total number of nnz) : (number of non zero in the first i line) = (total
number of row) : (present number of row : i)

Obviously this assumption can be wrong, and maybe something like doubling the
size could be better.

Marco