Re: missing icons

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: missing icons
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:01:09 -0500

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/05/2013 05:17 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 05.10.2013 04:07, Michael Goffioul wrote:

[1] http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=15711

Thanks Micheal, the gconftool-2 (comment #14) did the trick for me. Mmh,
I am quite sure that I already had set those settings to true in the
gconf-editor without success ...

Yes, thanks Michael.  That also worked for me, but gnome-tweak-tool did not.

On my system (Fedora 16 and KDE), gconftool-2 returns false, but the icons still show up.  If I edit the system settings (Settings -> System Setting -> Application Appearance -> Style -> Fine Tuning, there is a check box "Show icons in menus."  When I turn that off, a KDE app (kdiff3) does not have icons in the menus, but this does not seem to affect Octave (I just rebuilt and installed today, from Friday's clone).  Any ideas why that might be?

Patrick