qt-settings file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: qt-settings file
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 02:17:20 -0400

With the upcoming release, I think we will want to replace any existing ~/.config/octave/qt-settings files that happen to be installed and replace them with our current default version. Previous versions of these files could be from very old pre-release versions of the GUI that simply don't work properly. The only question for me is whether we should do this unconditionally or give people the option of keeping their existing file, along with some strong encouragement that if there is any doubt they should allow the file to be replaced. I'm also not sure whether we need to bother backing up the existing file. I guess I would vote no, as I don't think it is really all that important, but maybe someone will convince me otherwise.

Comments?