Re: inv() optimization flags

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: inv() optimization flags
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 14:49:43 -0400

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 18:47 +0300, Giorgos Bontzios wrote:

> I've noticed that the inv() function of Octave is quite faster than
> Seldon's which is weird since, to the best of my knowledge, Octave
> calls also the same LAPACK functions for inversion.

It does. Have you already read this FAQ?

    http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_does_Octave_solve_linear_systems.3F

The exact method depends on the type of matrix that you input. If you
need more details, I would recommend stepping through the C++ source
with a debugger so you can see which LAPACK method Octave is calling.

- Jordi G. H.