Re: qt-settings file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: qt-settings file
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:22:22 -0400

On 10/08/2013 02:46 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Only one: I think fairly early on we tried to make the options
descriptive rather than numeric so that there isn't confusion resulting
from what the quantity within the settings file means if the version
changes. My thinking is that it is only the really old versions that are
a problem, but I think most beta testers are beyond that because there
was a problem with Octave freezing around then if the settings file
wasn't just so. Torsten did most of the work there, so he'll have a
better perspective.

My concern is that since I added the community news page, the initial layout will probably be bad if you use an old qt-settings file.