Re: GUI keyboard shortcuts

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: GUI keyboard shortcuts
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:13:58 +0200

On 10.10.2013 22:32, Thorsten Liebig wrote:
> Am 10.10.2013 22:20, schrieb Thorsten Liebig:

>>> That is also my goal for Octave, but I don't know how to do it.
> My guess is you need to assign a QShortcut
> (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qshortcut.html) to any action instead
> of the key-sequence directly and keep the shortcut object around to
> change (or query) its key-sequence at any time. The connection to the
> action should be unaffected...
> But I may be wrong, I have never tries this...

I never used QShortcuts. From a short view into the documentation I
can't see a big difference between changing the key sequences of
QShortcuts (which are connected to QActions) or directly changing the
key sequences for the QActions. The shortcut manager itself (suitable
user interface, changing shortcuts of all widgets without restart etc.)
seems to be more challenging to me.

Yes, this should really be no problem; I'll have a look at it.

I guess we don't need to call 'edit' but just open a new file in the
editor.

The structures for this feature already exist (evaluating lines from the
history), should be no problem.

But I don't know if we should add new features just before a new release ...

Torsten