Re: No window controls on undocked panes (KDE)

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: No window controls on undocked panes (KDE)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:42:36 +0200

On 14.10.2013 23:52, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> Before filling in a bug report:
>
> On my Linux box (mageia 2, KDE) undocked Octave GUI panes have no window
> control buttons (e.g., minimize, hide, move to other desktop, etc. In
> fact, compared to Windows, the entire title bar is missing.
>
> As a consequence I cannot resize or move undocked panes. Only the editor
> pane can be moved around (but not resized), by dragging on the main menu
> bar ("File Edit Debug Run Help"), that's the only place susceptible for
> dragging the editor pane around.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> I searched around in my KDE settings but found nothing related. Until
> now it seems only Octave is affected. I build Octave with Qt 4.8.4 & gcc
> 4.6.3.

I remember another report in this direction. Are you using the oxygen
theme?
Could you please test if it works with another theme and if the example
from
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/03/26/qt-commercial-support-weekly-16-floating-widgets-and-how-to-find-their-way-back-home-2/
is also affected?

Torsten