Re: No window controls on undocked panes (KDE)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: No window controls on undocked panes (KDE)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:18:40 -0400

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15.10.2013 20:29, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> Torsten wrote:
>> On 14.10.2013 23:52, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>>> Before filling in a bug report:
>>>
>>> On my Linux box (mageia 2, KDE) undocked Octave GUI panes have no window
>>> control buttons (e.g., minimize, hide, move to other desktop, etc. In
>>> fact, compared to Windows, the entire title bar is missing.
>>>
>>> As a consequence I cannot resize or move undocked panes. Only the editor
>>> pane can be moved around (but not resized), by dragging on the main menu
>>> bar ("File Edit Debug Run Help"), that's the only place susceptible for
>>> dragging the editor pane around.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>>
>>> I searched around in my KDE settings but found nothing related. Until
>>> now it seems only Octave is affected. I build Octave with Qt 4.8.4&  gcc
>>> 4.6.3.
>>
>> I remember another report in this direction. Are you using the oxygen
>> theme?
>
> Yes.
> I switched to the Air (checked that all items are from the Air theme)
> them but that doesn't make any difference.
>
>> Could you please test if it works with another theme and if the example
>> from
>> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/03/26/qt-commercial-support-weekly-16-floating-widgets-and-how-to-find-their-way-back-home-2/
>>
>> is also affected?
>
> You mean, compile the examples? I'm afraid that is a bit out of scope
> for me. I don't even see include statements in that scope.
> The spirit of the article looks good though.

Oops sorry, I thought there was an archive to download on the website. I
have attached the files I have been using for testing. Just
qmake example.pro
make

How to proceed if the example shows the same issue? Of course it is no
solution to switch the theme for octave. Maybe we really have to
implement different (un-)docking methods for *ix and windows

The example doesn't show the issue for me.

Michael.