Re: Final call for bug reports

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Final call for bug reports
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:34:23 +0200

On 16.10.2013 08:40, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

> 1) I see this at startup quite often.
>
> HDF5: infinite loop closing library
>
> D,T,F,FD,P,FD,P,FD,P,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E
>

> I'm not quite sure how to reproduce the issue, however.

Really at startup? I always see this on exit (see bug #37713).

> 3) What are the default font settings?  My preference is a mono-space
> font, so I've chosen Liberation Mono 11 point as the Default and all
> other text types to have the Default font.  I felt that 9 point is kind
> of small for editing.  9 point suffices for the Octave output.  When the
> comments are not the same font as the rest of the code and nothing is
> mono-spaced, layout didn't look very organized.

The default font settings are those from the qscintilla lexers. The
default font names depend on the operating system. It would be easy to
supply other settings with the default settings file but then we would
have to take care about the existence of fonts on different platforms.

Torsten