Re: Call for final bug reports

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Call for final bug reports
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:44:52 -0500

On 10/16/2013 03:02 PM, Rik wrote:
On 10/16/2013 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
6) Multiplot mode doesn't seem to behave as well as it once did.  For
example, after running freqz() and closing the figure and opening a new
figure with "figure(#)", I see:

figure(3)

multiplot>
                 ^
             line 0: function to plot expected

The issues you presented as numbers 2, 3, 4, 8 are all GUI-related
additions which could be nice to have, but shouldn't gate the release.
When you have time I would add them to the Bug Tracker.  Issue 1 is already
a bug report, and Issue 5 is already customizable, and Issue 7 has the
required Matlab compatible behavior.  The final issue, #6, might be a
problem if it is a regression from what was working in 3.6.4.  Do you have
a clear sequence which generates this error?

Not a clear sequence. But I've noticed another behavior that might be the source of the problem. (Sorry I can't look into this more closely.) It seems that clicking the "close window" button in the upper right (or left depending on system) corner doesn't actually "close(5)", for example. The window is closed, but if one plots to the same figure number, it remembers it was in multiplot mode. Basically, Octave's instance of the figure isn't being closed. I suppose we haven't really dealt with such a thing in the past. I wonder if we can now with the Qt terminal. I'll ask around later in the week.

Dan