Octave on Android

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Octave on Android
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:25:57 +0200

Dear Corbin,

a few days ago I found Octave for Android on Google Play Store and I highly appreciate your port of Octave to that platform. The startup display of Octave always comes up with the question if I want to make a donation and that's where I ask myself: Is it the Core Octave Development team who receives the donation or is it you in person? Can you please clarify that?

Next, Octave tells me that I can get more packages from Play Store. What I did, I installed Octave ODE Package which didn't work. *hmmm* I thought, ok, something's wrong. But then I found this little sentence at Play Store in the package description which tells me:

  "Currently, only functions if you have made a donation."
  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.octave.ode&hl=de

Or in my own words I would say: I have to pay for it because I don't really have an option if I want to use them. Have you read the license of these codes?

Best regards

  Thomas