Re: Octave on Android

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave on Android
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:17:40 +0200

On 22 Oct 2013, at 18:51, Corbin Champion <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carlo Defalco,
>
> Please see my latest email.  Please also understand Thomas made no request
> for the source code.  I thought he was complaining about that there is a fee.
>  I am in no way hiding my code, though I agree it wasn't all up there,
> something I can easily fix.  I have and will freely provided it to anyone who
> has asked (so no GPL violation, it is only a violation if I don't provide it
> to users who make a request for it).  I am also in no way obscuring anything.
>
> I did what was necessary to fit a standard GNU/Linux program into an Android
> app.

I appreciate your open and collaborative attitude, I think there has just been
a slight misunderstanding

The misunderstanding, I believe, is about what is intended by source code.

The GPLv3 license says:

  The “Corresponding Source” for a work in object code form means all the
source code needed to generate,
  install, and (for an executable work) run the object code and to modify the
work, including scripts to
  control those activities.

What I am interested in are the scripts required to generate and install
binaries of Octave and odepkg for Android.
As far as I can understand the code in github only covers the installation part
not building, am I correct?

If so, I'd like to ask you to share those scripts, if I am mistaken and you
have already made those scripts available
I'd appreciate that you point me to those scripts.

>  It took some doing.  Please do try to build it and tell me what is missing.

Thank you very much.

> Corbin
c.