Re: Please ship an AppData file upstream

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Please ship an AppData file upstream
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:43:03 -0400

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:12:19 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Fedora users and deveolpers have written several AppData [1] file
> which is used for showing screenshots and descriptions in various
> software centers such as GNOME Software which we are previewing in
> Fedora 20. One of those files is for Octave, which is why I'm writing
> to your mailing list.
>
> The extra appdata files are stored here for
> https://github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/tree/master/appdata-extra/desktop,
> but we've love these files to be included upstream and installed in
> /usr/share/appdata, which means all the other Linux distributions
> other than Fedora can use this data themselves. Also, if the file is
> upstream you can change the description, screenshots and homepage as
> much as you like as your application evolves.

Hi Richard. It would be best if you could submit this to our bug tracker

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

I remembered this request but did not see a bug for it, so I made sure
to find your message and follow up with you. If it doesn't get added to
the tracker it will be forgotten.

Thanks,

--
mike