Re: --no-gui-libs option

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: --no-gui-libs option
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:26:38 -0400

On 10/29/2013 02:19 PM, Rik wrote:
10/29/13

jwe,

Is the --no-gui-libs option meant for users, or only installers and
maintainers like Debian, RedHat?  It's not documented when I run
'run-octave --help' nor in the manual.

It's only handled by the wrapper and not passed on to either the cli or gui octave binary. I'm not sure what is best here. Should the wrapper handle printing the usage message? I'm also not sure I really like the name "no-gui-libs", but at least it's descriptive. I guess I'd like to see some feedback on the other thread where I posted info about how I broke things up into the wrapper + the gui and cli binaries. Maybe this is not the best choice.