Re: 'make distcheck' passing

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: 'make distcheck' passing
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:02:15 -0800 (PST)

Rik-4 wrote
> 11/2/13
>
> At least on a Linux system the build system can successfully create
> release
> candidates.  There is still a problem with some of the images in the
> manual
> that have legends.  But, I think it would not hurt to start trying to
> build
> a release candidate through MXE-Octave; This is bound to expose more
> issues.

What do you mean exactly with "release candidate"? A binary distribution
that can be installed on Windows?

If so: I've been regularly building them (about daily to every other day)
the last months and test them at home and at work. And use them for
productivity as well.

If you want me to supply one I'll gladly put one up. I already had vague
plans for that but I haven't sorted out yet how; I intented to discuss that
here first.
Maybe Octave-Forge would be a good place? My Dropbox has some issues lately
and I don't know if has bandwidth limitations.

Note that I have my own mxe-mods simply because I use it for daily work
(first of all newest Octave ("tip"); newer or even newest plus some extra OF
packages compared to original mxe-octave; documentation in html & pdf (but
no Start Menu links code yet in the installer); Java class libs for
spreadsheet I/O) => so usually these binaries are about 200 MB compared to
~160 MB for "plain vanilla" mxe-octave builds.

Philip