Re: minGW 'make check' errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: minGW 'make check' errors
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 15:54:39 -0500

On 11/03/2013 02:32 PM, Rik wrote:
11/3/13

This bug report details some errors which apparently only appear on the
minGW system (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32036).

Here is what I currently see with a cross build for Windows.  I used
hg id 573f865aa8c8 for Octave and 7a7d2318ca93+ for mxe-octave (the
only changes were for the version number and sha1sum of the tar
file in src/octave.mk).

    PASS     11417
    FAIL        18
    XFAIL        7
    SKIPPED     48

The large number of skipped tests are because I disabled the JIT
compiler and I don't seem to have Java.  I thought building with Java
was fixed for Windows cross compiling?  If that is supposed to be
working, then I need to find out why it is not for me.

In the attached fntests.log file I only see 14 failures compared to
the 18 listed in the summary.  I don't know what's causing that.  The
counts of skipped tests and expected failures seems to be correct.

One troubling failure is the one for sort.  Why would sort not be
stable for complex values on Windows?

Also the quadgk failure looks bad because it could indicate a
numerical problem.

The failure due to missing ghostscript needs to be fixed by somehow
including ghostscript in the distribution.  Cross compiling it doesn't
seem to be easy to do.

I don't expect the group and password functions to work.

Should umask work?