Re: textscan not fully functional

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: textscan not fully functional
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 11:19:30 -0800 (PST)

Rafael Gonzalez wrote
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to use the 'textscan' function using the 'headerlines'
> parameter
> but I keep getting the following message:
>
> 'warning: strread: unknown property "headerlines'
>
> I tried to look on the mailing list for this issue but I couldn't find
> anything. This makes me think that the textscan is currently implemented
> as
> a wrapper of the strread function

Indeed :-)

>  or that my version (3.6.4) is not fully
> functional.

Could you supply a minimal data and code sample to illustrate your issue,
please?
If so I'll have a look at it.

In L.201 of textscan.m the headerlines arguments (if present) are dropped,
so strread.m should never see it. So I'm curious what command you use to
invoke textscan.

Ohh... but of course that is in the development version, sorry.... it may
well be that in 3.6.4 you are indeed stuck with an old version of textscan
(and its friends textread and strread).

The best might be to have a little patience until Octave 3.8.0 is released
(I think within a few weeks).

Philip