Re: Unidentified developer

From: c.
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:03:35 +0100

On 6 Nov 2013, at 20:35, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can't find a better candidate list for this question; if there is one,
> please let me know and I'll move the request.
the correct list would have been the help list, but there's no need to move the
thread,

> A few days ago I upgraded my Mac to Mavericks (OS X 10.9) and decided I
> should get up to date on Octave.  I downloaded version 3.7.7+ (Mountain
> Lion), installed it, and it fails to open because it is from "an unidentified
> developer".  Is that a Mavericks/Mountain Lion issue, and I just need to
> wait, or have I missed something?

Yes, you missed the fact that that version is just a temporary test build I
made as an experiment on Mountain Lion, and is not expected to work on
Mavericks.
I thought that not advertising it anywhere only those I explicitely asked to
test would find it, but as you are not the first who dowloaded it and then was
surprised
to find out that it does not work on Mavericks, although it is named '3.7.7+
(Mountain Lion)', I will now remove it.

c.