Re: Unidentified developer

From: c.
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 07:11:43 +0100

On 7 Nov 2013, at 06:24, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> I succeeded in getting it to at least launch by overriding the gatekeeper,
> but haven't gone beyond just seeing the GUI (which is entirely new since my
> last use of Octave).
>  Since I have that much working, is there any way I can be of use to you in
> moving this along to a proper release state?  Since I used Octave before I
> used Matlab, I'd be very willing to help out if I can be of value.

Yes,

If you have macports you could try to install this experimental port on
Mavericks:

  https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41155

The instrucions on how to install a local port are available here:

  http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

If the port works, it is trivial to create a proper binary app bundle
distribution from it,
if you find trouble installing the port any help fixing it will be very
appreciated.

Thanks,
c.