How to overload factorial (m-file) for a class defined in an oct-file?

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: How to overload factorial (m-file) for a class defined in an oct-file?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:39:55 +0100

Dear Octave Community

I've created a class "sym" in an oct-file. Now I want to overload Octave's
factorial function (an m-file) for this class in C++. How can I do this?

DEFUN_DLD (factorial, args, nargout, "factorial help")
alone doesn't help because now all factorial calls are handled by the oct-file,
instead of just the arguments of class "sym". I need the C++ equivalent of
@sym/factorial.m.

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Lukas