Re: sqp failures

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: sqp failures
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:57:00 -0500

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 21:22:57 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 22:48, Julien Bect wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting lots of errors with sqp() in Octave 3.7.7+, on problems that
>> were solved properly in Octave 3.6.4.
>>
>> The error that I get is the same error that is discussed in these two
>> (redundant ?) open bug reports :
>>
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38875
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32717
>>
>> In short : qp() fails with INFO=6 (and therefor lambda is empty).
>
> <snip>
>
>> I will try to bisect to find the cause of the problem.
>

> I finally finished bisecting... My problems start with this changeset
> related to GLPK :
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/54e251e699bb
>
> which is related to this (closed) bug report :
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39038

I see that both of the bug reports you are looking at are older than
this bug report and the change you bisected to. Are you sure you're
tracing the same error that those reports are about, or are you seeing
a new error due to the change to the new glpk API?

If the error you're seeing is something that used to work in 3.6.4,
then that should be marked as a regression.

--
mike