Re: interrupt handing and the GUI (bug #37672)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: interrupt handing and the GUI (bug #37672)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:47:49 -0500

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/11/2013 07:22 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

I wouldn't bother too much about Windows here, as SIGINT handling is
quite different and AFAIK *always* happen in a separate thread just
created by the OS to handle the signal.

So what is the fix for Windows then?  We seem to have the same problem there, that interrupting things like

  sleep (10);

or

  inv (large_matrix);

doesn't work.

Maybe using GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent [1] might do it. At least, it looks like you'd then follow the same code path as in the CLI version.

Michael.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683155(v=vs.85).aspx