Re: Unidentified developer

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:21:51 -0700

On Nov 9, 2013, at 6:36 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2013, at 23:41, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> sudo port install octave
>
> that means you are installing octave 3.2.4 which is obviosly not what you
> want to do.
> The test portfile is called "octave-local" in order to not shadow the
> existing ports
> in the main repository named "octave" and "octave-cevel" so you should use:
>
> sudo port install octave-local
>
> c.

I have a question about 'octave' vs. 'octave-local'.  Once I get the port
working, will the result in a completely separate Octave app?  That is, before
starting this port activity I uninstalled Octave 3.7.7+ from the .dmg image.
Can I safely re-install it without fear of the octave-local port breaking
anything?

--
Daryl Lee
Amateurs train until they get it right; professionals train until they can't