Re: Undefined behavior sanitizing with Clang

From: PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Subject: Re: Undefined behavior sanitizing with Clang
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:52:24 +0530

> How does this differ from the sanitize log that PrasannaKumar sent to the
> list 3 days ago?

Hi Rik,

I used clang static analyser not clang sanitise - both are different
tools. I should have clarified it before, sorry. Clang static analyser
works at compile time and lists possible issue (from the compiler's
AST). Clang sanitiser on the other hand works at run time, checks for
issues as they occur. Certain issues can be found only when it is
running, for those clang sanitiser will help. Certain issues that can
be found without running code, for those clang static analyser can be
used.

Using both the tool may be necessary for large projects like octave. I
think both the reports should be used.

Thanks,
PrasannaKumar