Re: Build error on Mavericks

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Build error on Mavericks
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:54:36 +0000

On 15 Nov 2013, at 18:06, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been scanning that thread, but I wasn't sure if they were in the context
> of a macports build or just a "normal" build.

there's not too much of a difference I am just executing manually the same
operations that the Portfile performs automatically.

> I've been trying to read through the macports documentation to understand
> better what "port install" really does.

what macports, fink or other package managers do can be explained in short as
follows:

1) check if all dependencies are present and, if not, install them
2) download the source code
3) configure all build options
4) compile the program
5) install

>  I'll keep following the list and if I see anything that I think I can help
> with, I'll jump in.

thanks!
c.